- The Beauty Episode
- What Products are we using
- Tik Tok and How it has changed how we shop and buy
- Drugstore vs. Department Store Brands
- Is No Makeup Makeup Look In?
- What are the beauty colors for 2023
- Celebrity Beauty Brands
- What to buy NOW
MORE BELOW !
WATCH FULL EPISODE ON YOUTUBE
BONUS VIDEO on Henna Freckles...
More great makeup talk...
What are Brands are We Using:
- Prep - Cerve Face Wash and Moisturizer
- Primer - Milk Hydro Grip Primer
- Concealer - 4 different ones 1. L'oreal True Match Blendable Sponge Multi Concealer/Corrector 2. Giorgio Armani (Powder Fabric Concealer) 3.Hourglass (Silk Vanish) 4. (Under my Eyes) Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Radiant Touch
- Eyes - MAC Eyeliner in Teddy - Dior Eyeshadow Palettes (Exalt) and Mono Dior Shadow (Mineral) & Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Strapless
- Mascara - Lancome Mascara (Hypnose Drama) (or Chanel Mascara (Le Volume 80 - Burgundy Color) Alicia Keys had it on and I tracked it down
- Blush - Tower 28 Creme Blush in Golden Hour or Happy Hour
- Contour - Make-up by Mario - SoftSculp Transforming Skin Enhancer in Light & Highlighter SoftSculpt Transforming Skin Perfector in Light
- Eyebrows - Elf Wow Brow in Taupe
- Powder in T Zone - Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Glow Powder in 2
- Setting Spray - All Nighter Setting Spray by Urban Decay
- Setting Powder - Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder Ultra-Blur
- Touch of Highlight on Inner Eye and Nose - Laura Mercier Fall in Love Face Illuminator
- Face Oil - Pomifera
- Drunk Elephant D-Bronzi Anti-Pollution Sunshine Drops,
- Drunk Elephant Polypeptide Protini Polypeptide Cream
- Elf Camo Concealer
- Elf Lash Curler
- Too Faced Mascara
- Laneige Lip Mask
- F.A.R.A.H Brushes
- Garnier Micellar Water
How has TikTok Changed our Way of Shopping:
We used to have to get our make-up tips and colors from Magazines - some of the coloring would not be the same as us and we would have to guess whether or not the color looked good on us…the color or make-up would appear in very small text on either the bottom left of the page or vertically on the magazine page - Now we can get a color match via a picture of ourselves or watch a video and it’s totally different experience.
Favorite Tik Tok Make-up Influencers:
Drugstore VS. Department Store:
More Shoppers are tending to Mix and Match High End Department Store Products with Drugstore Products.
Rachel - Wet and Wild Wild Glow Liquid Highlighter for Rare Beauty Positive Light Liquid Luminizer Highlight; Revlon Super Lustrous the Gloss for Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer , La Mer The Lip Balm for Aquaphor Lip Repair + Protect Broad Spectrum SPF 30 - I prefer Aquaphor the lip repair balm stick
Beauty Colors in 2023:
Bold Blurred Blush, Lots of Pastels on Eyes (Subtle Shimmers), No Skin Make-up Skin (Soft Focus Skin) Bold Lips with Liner, Brow Experimentation (Bleach Brow), The Cat Eye, Grunge Look (Put Black Eye Liner on and the Wash your Face/Wednesday Addams Look- plum stains, burgundy lip creams, and dark brown glosses), Underpainting - Start by applying your concealer and contour before foundation to easily achieve this look - It defines your natural features and brings out your natural, glowing skin. The less makeup, the better, Faux Freckles, Dopamine Glam (Massive Use of Color - Two Bright Eyeliners and a Bright Lip)
Top Celebrity Beauty Brands:
- Jennifer Aniston: LolaVie
- Gwyneth Paltrow - Goop
- Victoria Beckham: Victoria Beckham Beauty
- Kylie Jenner - Kylie Cosmetics
- Lady Gaga - Haus Labs by Lady Gaga
- Hailey Bieber: Rhode Skin
- Jennifer Lopez - JLo Beauty
- Cindy Crawford: Meaningful Beauty
- Miranda Kerr: Kora Organics
- Josie Maran: Josie Maran Cosmetics
- Courteney Cox: Homecourt
- Jonathan Van Ness: JVN Hair
- Scarlett Johansson: The Outset
- Ciara: OAM Skin
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Rose Inc.
- Idris & Sabrina Elba: S'Able Labs
- Kim Kardashian: SKKN by Kim
- Ariana Grande: r.e.m. Beauty
- Rihanna: Fenty Beauty & Fenty Skin
- Alicia Keys: Keys Soulcare
- Selena Gomez: Rare Beauty
- Naomi Watts: Stripes
- Jessica Alba: Honest Beauty
- Drew Barrymore: Flower Beauty
- Gabrielle Union: Flawless
- Halsey: About-Face
- Millie Bobby Brown: Florence by Mills
- Hayley Williams: Good Dye Young
- Pharrell Williams: Humanrace
- Tracee Ellis Ross: Pattern Beauty
- Taraji P. Henson: TPH by Taraji
- Michelle Pfeiffer: Henry Rose
- Jada Pinkett Smith: Hey Humans
- Issa Rae: Sienna Naturals
What we are wanting to by now:
Rachel - Westman Arteliar - The Vital Skincare Complexion Drops - Face Trace Contour Stick - Baby Cheeks Blush Stick - Lit-Up Highlighter Stick - Squeaky Clean Liquid Lip Balm, Victoria Beckham Kajal Eyeliner (in Sea Grey), Laura Mercier Caviar Mini Stick (in Amethyst)
Thank you again for joining us! As we leave you to go take on the world - We hope this podcast has helped in some way open your mind to new ideas, help you generate your creativity, encourage you to call your friends and has ultimately added a little more happiness into your day!
Again thanks for tuning into Style and Give’s Weekly Podcast with Rachel and Tera … we will be coming at you weekly with the latest fashion ideas and news, style updates, life’s challenges, life’s wins, our giving hearts, a whole lot of laughter and of course ….positive vibes.
Reminder if you need to get styled, need a closet edit or just want to go shopping check please check out teracoughlinstyling.com and for your circular fashion needs please check out Style and Give.
Join us for the fashion talk, life as we know it, hilarious commentating and of course a high dose of positivity!
As we leave you today,
We are All One. So be Good and Give!
LISTEN TO ALL OUR EPISODES
LISTEN ON YOUR FAVORITE PLAYER
SEE FULL TRANSCRIPT