So you're getting married in 2023. I bet you’re a planner and started at least a year ago, right? Or maybe 18 months ago? Or maybe you're like me and got married on a whim, allowing yourself no time to plan and just winged the whole thing! Maybe you’re reading this blog because you want to know what to wear to an upcoming wedding you're attending. Either way, it’s always a plus to stay up on what is trending for the year in anything having to do with bridal bliss.
Maybe you’ll get engaged this year? I mean, anything is possible, right!?
I will tell you, it seems every year we lose a rule: in bridal wear, planning, honeymoon itineraries, bachelorette trips, registries, and wedding attire. This year is no different… granted, I think the addition of less structured festivities allows for more self expression. It is a real plus when you can pick your dress, bridesmaids attire, colors, travel, and food. And let’s not forget about the cake!
So without further adieu, here is what you will see when it comes to bridal dresses in 2023:
- Hues of Blue - Blue is the new Pink - (Love the very, very pale blue!)
- Sheer Fabrics (Beaded sheers with a bra and mini shirt outlines or short nude slip dress underneath)
- Asymmetrical Necklines (Cut-outs, one-shoulder, material gather at front with asymmetrical fabric design)
- Mock Necks (Long sleeve and short sleeve all incorporating lace)
- Separates (Satin pant suits)
- Party Minis (Satin dress with fringe sleeves, deep V-necks with brooch accents)
- Elaborate Ball Gowns (Oversized sleeves, off-the-shoulder gathered material and oversized bows - Think big wedding and ball)
- Mini Bow Details (Bows down back, tie bows on front, crystal bow designs on dresses)
- Oversized Floral Motifs (Oversized embroidery)
Now, if your like me and really into what the venue and flowers will look like, then look no further than what is trending with how brides in 2023 are using (or not using) color within the designs of their weddings and floral bouquets:
- Emerald Green - Pairs well with - Blush pink, Light blue, or Silver
- Earth Tones - Brown Undertones - Pairs well with any color with a brown undertone (Nice for Fall weddings)
- Lavender - Pairs well with Burgundy, Dark Purple, Blush (Lavender Flowers would be a nice touch). This is wonderful for Spring and Summer weddings
- Dusty Rose - Pairs well with Cranberry, all different pinks, and looks beautiful with greenery. (Year Round Color)
- Orange - Rust Orange, Bold Orange for a Pop of Color, and Coral
- Sage Green - Pairs well with darker shades of green, gold, navy blue, or dusty pink
- Yellow - Brighter Shades of yellow are perfect for bringing a pop of color to your wedding. If you’re into darker shades of yellow, they make an excellent primary wedding color for your color palette
- Navy Blue - Spring: Navy Blue & Blush Pink; Summer: Navy Blue & Yellow; Fall: Navy Blue & Gold; Winter: Navy Blue & Burgundy
- Blush Pink - Really gorgeous primary color. As a complementary color, it goes well with any primary color
- Dusty Blue - Brides are pairing dusty blue with greens, tans, and darker shades of blue
- Wine - Good color if the bride is into wedding florals - pairs well with many colors and is a good color for creativity in a wedding venue
- Champagne - Pairs well with various shades of greens, pinks and earthy tones
What colors and silhouettes are trending for bridesmaids dresses? You'd be surprised that re-wearable dresses are HUGE in 2023, among both brides and bridesmaids. There are significantly less rules applied when dressing bridal parties.
- Convertible Bridesmaid Dresses - A convertible gown is one that typically has two long pieces of fabric that you can style in multiple ways to create different necklines and silhouettes. So basically, each member of your wedding party can easily choose their preferred neckline.
Accessories for Brides and Bridesmaids are very much inspired by Grace Kelly, with heavy detailed accents displayed in hair or around veil. Here is what is in:
If you are going to add an accessory or accessories and a veil, here are some of the hairstyles that are trending right now that might be an option for you:
- Blunt Bob is in right now (Thanks to Hailey Bieber and Rachel Kimball…haha)
- High updos are back—with a modern twist (90’s Style)
- Sleek Bun
- Side Swept Curls
- Center Part with Tucked-Back Bangs
- Wispy Tendrils
- Effortless Curls
If you thinking of doing a destination outside the United States, here are some of the top destinations that Brides are choosing in 2023:
If you’d prefer to do a destination wedding in the United States, here are the top destinations that brides are choosing in 2023:
So, we have finally made it to the top honeymoon destinations that newlyweds are choosing in 2023. I must admit, there are a few on the list that are very surprising to me. It seems some brides are more open to an adventurous honeymoon destination:
- Formal Weddings are your moment to go all out. Reach for dramatic lengths, unexpected prints, and shimmering details to make an elevated statement.
- Black Tie - Makes it easy all you have to do is pick the right silhouette .
- Romantic Florals are a great option!
- Cocktail Dress - Metallic finishes and rich or vibrant colors always work well.
- Casual Wedding - This is Still an elevated look but with comfort in mind - Slip on an easy-going dress with a polished finish (use jewelry and statement or refine shoes)
- Beach Wedding - Light Weight Fabrics are a Must!
Well… It’s a Wrap on the 2023 Wedding Edit. Congrats to all upcoming brides, soon-to-be brides, and those romantics out there waiting on “the one”.
Forever & Always, Choose Love!