Are you excited for the start of a New Year?
I know for many of us, this might be the first time celebration seems normal, due to the pandemic and, well, life over the past few years.
Some of you might plan on just relaxing and spending time with friends at home while others are going to parties and black tie affairs that will be sure to have champagne and caviar (my personal favorite combination).
This year, whether it be a quiet night with yourself at home, a gathering with your group of friends, or an overnight out on the town, we should discuss looks and outfit inspirations for all occasions.
That is where I come in!
Yes, I would prefer to order a RHINESTONE LOGO POINTELLE ONESIE from SKIMS and grab a bottle of Veuve Clicquot. I could settle in on the couch, watching back-to-back romcoms or just straight romance movies, all the while snacking on a charcuterie board with cured meats, dried fruit, nuts, olives, crackers, bread, jam and as many cheeses that can fit on that board (the more the merrier)! Oh and don’t forget the honey!
However, we can’t all be like me!
Some of you have events and gatherings. You might be hosting an event or attending a black tie extravaganza.
So, what are you going to wear?
I’ve included some of my favorite NYE looks for you (even for the ladies like me who, at this time, don’t have plans).
PS - It’s always good to have a backup NYE outfit because you never know what can happen last minute. You might have to change out of the cotton onesie for a night out on the town or a group gathering.
So here are some NYE Outfit Inspos:
The Given: Anything velvet with sparkle and sequins. I've seen some really awesome white sparkly options for dresses, shirts, skirts, pants, shoes or earrings!
- Rent theRunway - Dress the Population some many options and here are some more options from Rent The Runway
- Neiman Marcus - Ramy Brook Mckenzie Long-Sleeve Wrap Mini Dress ($318.75)
- Best Sequin Skirts At Nordstrom
- Mix Number. 6 Danyah Glitter Pump ($59.99)
- Open Edit Tiered Rhinestone Duster Earrings ($25)
The Easiest Way: A Killer black dress - think velvet, off the shoulder, strapless, Bandeau style, leather, sequined, mini, midi - or a black coat suit dress. If you have a basic black dress in your closet, remember you can jazz that dress up with festive accessories.
- Reformation - Long Black Dress Options and Party Dresses
- BCBG MAX AZRIA Statement Holiday Pieces and here are some more Sequin Options
- Saks Fifth Avenue - Misa Los Angeles Sequin Dress ($370)
- Luciana Asymmetrical Dress ($190.98) - Love this dress with the Toni Toni Tall Red Boot ($399)
The Not So Obvious: A strapless top, crop top or Bandeau top with sparkle accents, sequin, beads, satin, velvet, silver, gold or rose gold mix together beautifully with pants, a skirt, or jeans (going to a friend's house and jeans are optional - pull your favorite pair out - maybe in a darker wash).
- Corina Puff-Sleeved Gloved Crop Top ($248)
- Saks Fifth Avenue - Alice + Olivia Ceresi Embellished Bandeau Top ($350)
- Free People - Sequin Rosette Tube Top ($128)
- Antonia Faux Feather Crop Top ($136.98)
A Different Approach: Velvet, sequined, or sheer with some type of lining pants (I prefer a pair that slides on or has structure). Mix that with a fresh cropped white t-shirt and a statement necklace. (I did this a few years back and it was a hit!)
- Aqua Sequin Leggings ($88)
- Alberta Ferretti Sheer Metallic Trousers ($1,390)
- Spanx Velvet Leggings ($98)
The Matching Set: To me, this is always a “Do it!” kind of moment. Match velvet, satin, sequin or sheer and sexy with the correct under garments (shirt and pants, Blouse and pants, Crop Top and Skirt…so many options). This look exudes that I have it together. Which you do because it all goes together! (haha)
- Victoria Beckham Matching Set (Sold Separately) Sleeveless Crop Top ($120) High Waisted Pencil Skirt ($390)
- HVN Matching Silver Set ($495)
- Rubin Satin Gold Matching Suit Set ($299)
Comfortable and Supportive: Get a bodysuit in velvet, one with sequins or a black one with some shimmer. Pair it with a satin or leather pants, add some amazing earrings and voila!
- Rachel Parcell Velvet Long-Sleeve Bodysuit ($98)
- A Loves A Cowl Neck Long Sleeve Sequin Bodysuit ($119)
- Magic Hour Bodysuit ($98)
- Edda Sequin Bodysuit ($187.98)
The Add Ons: If you have a black dress and you need to add some pizzazz, try shimmer hosiery or a statement earring or necklace. You could even up your glamor by adding a jazzy heel.
- Black Embellished Tights ($27.50)
- Shimmer Tights ($20)
- Lee Angel Crystal Baguette Necklace - ($100)
- Statement Necklaces on TRR
The Stay At Home / Relaxed Gathering Outfit: You can get a 2023 t-shirt and wear high waisted jeans. You could even wear a glitter t-shirt, tank top, or bodysuit with black or leather jeans. Add some glitter to the nails if you are planning on keeping your stay at home outfit classic.
- Free People - Big Bow Tank ($98) or Night Garden Sequin Tube Top ($68)
- Revolve Bodysuits - Lorella Bodysuit ($88)
- Macy’s INC Sequin Long Sleeve Top ($34.65)
As long as you feel good, you look good! After all, fashion is what YOU create!
Cheers to 2023!